AAPSS Elects Five New Fellows to be inducted in 2019
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Raj Chetty, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Paul Krugman, Nicholas Lemann, and Alondra Nelson will be made Fellows of the AAPSS in 2019 in recognition of their contributions to the social sciences. “The annual election of a small number of exceptionally distinguished scholars as Academy Fellows reminds us that social science, at its best, is constantly expanding its knowledge base and, on that foundation, honoring its social responsibility as an agent of improvement,” said Kenneth Prewitt, President of the AAPSS. “It is a pleasure to again celebrate this win-win moment in the life of the Academy.”
- Chetty, the William A. Ackman Professor of Public Economics at Harvard University, will be the 2019 John Kenneth Galbraith Fellow.
- Crenshaw, Professor of Law at UCLA and Columbia University and co-founder of the African American Policy Forum, will be the 2019 Charlette Perkins Gilman Fellow.
- Krugman, Distinguished Professor at the City University of New York, Professor Emeritus at Princeton University, and a columnist for the New York Times, will be the 2019 Eleanor Roosevelt Fellow.
- Lemann, Dean Emeritus of the Columbia School of Journalism, will be the 2019 Walter Lippmann Fellow.
- Nelson, Professor of Sociology at Columbia University and President of the Social Science Research Council, will be inducted as the 2019 Ernest Burgess Fellow.
The induction ceremony will be on October 3, 2019, in Washington, DC, at the AAPSS annual gala dinner.
To view the press release, click here.