Academy Seeks Part-Time Digital Coordinator
The American Academy of Political and Social Science (AAPSS) is seeking a part-time digital coordinator to assist staff in managing digital projects as well as occasional support for outreach activities of the Academy. Under supervision, the digital coordinator will:
- Work closely with the Academy’s Program Coordinator and Associate Director to maintain the internal virtual catalogue of AAPSS Fellows;
- Use Word Press to update the AAPSS website with content as needed, include adding video content or audio files as needed;
- Create new content for AAPSS website;
- Assist in organizing and maintaining Salesforce CMR;
- Use Mailchimp to organize and distribute The Dispatch, the Academy’s bi-monthly digital newsletter;
- Develop and maintain an AAPSS Facebook page and help maintain current social media presence;
- Assist with other special projects as they arise; and
- Assist with special events as needed
We are seeking someone with digital content and database management experience who can use the software programs mentioned above with minimal supervision. Individual must be responsive to needs of a small staff in a timely manner and have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Proficiency in iOS, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Word Press required.
Applicants with an interest in public policy/social science are encouraged to apply.
Hours are flexible (average of 8–10 hours/wk) and job can be done remotely as needed, but applicant must be able to attend a staff meeting in person on the Penn campus at least once a month.
Selected applicant will be an employee of the AAPSS and not of the University of Pennsylvania.
Send CV and cover letter to Emily.Babson@asc.upenn.edu
About the AAPSS: The AAPSS is one of the nation’s oldest learned societies, founded in 1889, with offices on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center. For over a century, our flagship journal, The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, has brought together public officials and scholars from across disciplines to tackle issues ranging from racial inequality and poverty to criminal justice and terrorism. Today, through conferences and symposia, the annual induction of Academy Fellows, and presentation of the Daniel Patrick Moynihan Prize, the AAPSS is dedicated to bridging the gap between academic research and public policy.