The American Academy of Political and Social Science is governed by a Board of Directors, which sets broad policies and priorities.
The Board includes:
- DOUGLAS S. MASSEY, AAPSS PRESIDENT, Henry G. Bryant Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs, Princeton University
- JULIA P. ADAMS, Professor of Sociology, Yale University
- FRANCINE D. BLAU, Frances Perkins Professor of Industrial and Labor Relations and Labor Economics, Cornell University
- HARRY DEVERTER, Partner, Tait Weller & Baker
- FELTON EARLS, Professor of Human Behavior and Development, Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard University
- LEE EPSTEIN, Provost Professor of Law and Political Science and Rader Family Trustee Chair in Law, University of Southern California
- HEIDI HARTMANN, Director and President of the Institute for Women's Policy Research
- MICHAEL C. LARACY, Director, Policy Reform and Advocacy, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- JANICE MADDEN, AAPSS CHAIR, Professor of Regional Science, Sociology, and Urban Studies, University of Pennsylvania
- MARY ANN MEYERS, Senior Fellow, The John Templeton Foundation
- SARA MILLER McCUNE, Founder, Publisher, and Chairman, Sage Publications, Inc.
- KENNETH PREWITT, Carnegie Professor of Public Affairs, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- ROBERT S. SAMPSON, Henry Ford II Professor of the Social Sciences and Chairman of the Department of Sociology at harvard University
- DAVID P. THORNBURGH, AAPSS TREASURER, Executive Director of the Fels Institute of Government of the University of Pennsylvania